Best speaker stands
When you want to create an excellent audio speaker surround system in your home, the first thing you need is a high-quality set of audio speakers. That is something we all know. In order to enjoy high-quality sound, we need to invest in good speakers. However, did you know that a significant effect on the quality of the sound is given by the positioning of the speakers? I am going to be entirely honest and tell you that I had no idea. As it seems, it is very important where you place the speakers, not only how good the system is. And that is how I ended up learning about speaker stands.
What is a speaker stand?
A speaker stand is a mounting device for your speaker. If you have multiple speakers, like most people do, then you need several. Such a tool allows you to position the speaker at your level depending on where you are when you listen to music or watching a movie. The point is to place the speakers at an optimal level so that the sound is better hears and your ears are safe. Plus, you get to target a particular area of the room.
The benefits of speaker stands
While some people, such as myself until recently, choose to place their speakers on the bookshelf, on the floor, or on a desk. While that is not an entirely terrible idea, you will not be able to enjoy all the features an audio system has to offer. That is why a set of speaker stands is more suitable. Here are some of the benefits of speaker stands.
- You will enjoy better sound quality – thanks to a set of speaker stands, the speakers will stay at an optimal level. The sound will be heard as it was intended to be heard, meaning the level of your ears. That way, you will be able to enjoy a better sound quality no matter if you are listening to your favorite music, watching a movie, or whatever else you like to listen to.
- No more holes in your walls – some people are aware that the level at which the speakers are positioned matter, which is why they choose to drill holes in their walls and mount the speakers there. With a set of speaker stands, that is no longer necessary. You walls remain intact, and the speakers are at the level they are supposed to be. It is a win-win situation.
- You can move the speakers as you like – since speaker stands are not heavy and fixed in place, you can move them however you like. Of course, this benefit comes in handy mostly when you want to target a particular area of the room or house, but as long as the cable is long enough, you can place the stands wherever you want.
- Enjoy the bass – when the speakers are placed on stands, the bass tightens. If you have no idea what that means, let me enlighten you. When the speakers are placed on the floor, the bass becomes blurred. As a result, the color of the sound is destroyed. Why not enjoy the middle pitches better with a set of speaker stands instead?
- You can adjust the height – depending on the model you choose, you can change the height of the speaker stands as you like. The rule of the thumb states that the sound must come from your ear level. For example, when you sit on the couch watching a movie, the sound needs to come from the same level. But when you are having a party, the sound is better heard at a higher level. A set of speaker stands will allow you to make the proper adjustments.
- It looks better – let’s not pretend that aesthetics do not matter because they do. Your living room will look more sophisticated if you add a set of speaker stands instead of leaving the speakers on the floor. The truth is that such simple devices can really improve the look of a room.
What to consider when buying speaker stands
Now that you want speaker stands, you need to know how to choose the best set. That is easy. You need to determine what you want precisely, and take it from there. At the same time, there are a few factors you need to consider.
- Height – depending on what you use the speakers for, you need to select the right height for the stands. For example, if you are looking for the best speaker stands for your TV, you need to choose a set that can be placed at the same levels with your ears when you sit on the couch. It is as simple as that.
- Adjustability – while height can be fixed, so to speak, some models give you the options of adjusting the height of the speakers. I find that most useful, and I prefer it over a single height setting. That is because an audio system has multiple uses. Some of the activities are performed at a lower level, such as watching TV, while during a party most people stand and dance, which is at a higher level. An adjustable set of speaker stands will be able to adapt to any given situation, which I find it to be a huge plus.
- Weight – a set of speaker stands should be portable but stable at the same time. It needs to have the right weight so that the speakers do not collapse easily, but easy enough to move around the house as you please.
- Weight capacity – not all speaker stands can withstand the same amount of weight. Some are made to hold smaller and lightweight models, while other can withstand larger sizes. This is something you decide after you look a the specification s of your speakers and see how much they weight. Just make sure not to forget this.
- Cable managing – nobody likes seeing cables all over the place, which is why I think that if you find a model with cable channels, that would be great. There is no point in decorating your elegant living room with a beautiful set of speaker sounds if the cables are visible and tangled. It ruins the entire setting.
- Security – not all speaker stands have the same security system in place. Some have wide bases to maintain stability, while others have sand that prevents them from getting knocked over. At the same time, some speaker sounds are made of solid metal. The best thing you could do here is to read some reviews. It is not like you can test a stand’s stability just by looking at a picture online.
What are the best speaker stands?
Lucky for you, you have a vast variety of models to choose from. Use the criteria I have given you above to make the right choice. At the same time, reading some speaker stands reviews online could not hurt. That way, if you find some models you like, you can read about other people’s experiences with them. This is an advantage, and you should use it so that you do not end up with a poorly made set of speaker stands. Or you could just pick one of the models below.
Mounting Dream Height Adjustable Speaker Stands
If you are looking for an elegant but practical and versatile set of speaker stands, then the set from Mounting Dream is what you are looking for. There are two stands included in the package, and if you have more speakers, you need to buy multiple sets. It is as simple as that. But even so, they are quite affordable. You do not have to worry about spending too much money.
The speaker stands from Mounting Dream are made of heavy duty cast iron for both stability and durability. Each stand weighs about 11 pounds and has an elegant black finished steel. The floor-standing design features a heavy-gauge triangle shaped base. Just as the title suggests, this is an adjustable set. The extendable tube can go from 35.5 inches to 48 inches. You can set it anywhere in between.
There are multiple attachment options for different speakers. After all, not all speakers are the same in design, and this set is meant to accommodate most of them. The set also has a built-in cable management solution so that the aesthetics are neat. As long as you position the cables as instructed, you will not be able to see any of them. One thing that you need to do before purchasing these speaker stands is to check the location of the speaker holes. These stands are versatile, but they are not compatible with all possible speakers.
Perlesmith Height Adjustable Speaker Stands
The speaker stands from Perlesmith is yet another product that I think you may be interested in. It is quite similar to the previous product, but there are a few differences. The height is adjustable for customized sound, and the tube goes from 30 inches to 45 inches. As you can notice, these stands are slightly shorter. Even so, they will improve the quality of the sound considerably.
For the construction of these speaker stands, the manufacturer used heavy-duty cast iron for stability and durability. The base of the stands are shaped like triangles, and each stand can withstand a speaker that weighs up to 8 pounds. You will receive a set of nails and nuts if you want to place the stands on a carpet, and some rubber pads if the stands are positioned on a slippery surface.
The Perlesmith speaker stands feature efficient cable management so that you do not see the cables, and you get to enjoy three mounting configurations. The package includes L-shaped, keyhole, and top plate options so that you can use the stands for a vast variety of speakers. You do not have to worry about compatibility.
VideoSecu Adjustable Height Satellite Speaker Stand Mount (2 Pieces)
Last but definitely not least, the set of speaker stands from VideoSecu is another product that I think you will like. It is designed to support a more significant capacity. Each stand can support a weight up to 30 pounds for stereo or surround sound. You could say that this is a heavy duty set suitable not only for home use but for venues as well.
The speaker stand from VideoSecu is made of steel, which means that it is incredibly durable and stable. The height can be adjusted, and the rod goes from 26.5 inches to 47 inches. Th side clamping top plate can also be adjusted in width from 5.5 inches to 11 inches. Plus, the top plate can pan 180 degrees and tilt +/- 10 degrees.
Other features for this set include adjustable screw-in rubber feet so that you can place the stands on slippery surfaces, concealed wire management, and high stability. I can guarantee that if you decide to purchase this model, you will be more than satisfied with your choice.
I believe that all three sets have excellent potential, but if I were to choose one of them, I would go with the Perlesmith Height Adjustable Speaker Stands. It can reach high enough, it comes with the several feet accessories for different surfaces, and it is compatible with a wide range of speakers thanks to its multiple mounting configurations. I think it is one of the best speaker stands sets you can buy.
Once you try a set of speaker stands, you will wonder how could you have been so mistaken and placed your speakers on the floor. That was pretty much my reaction. The reality is that some speaker stands can change the game as far as sound is concerned. Of course, only for the better. I am confident that no matter what product you choose, you will enjoy a new and improved sound experience. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Finding Wall Speaker Mounts Online
- What Everybody Dislikes About Monitor Speaker Stands and Why
- Underrated Questions on Stand for Speakers
- Top Choices of Surround Sound Stands
- The Advantages of Vizio Satellite Speaker Stands
- Vizio Surround Sound Speaker Stand Features
- The Insider Secrets of Low Speaker Stands Exposed
- Why No One Is Discussing Best Bookshelf Speaker Stands and What You Should be Doing Right Now About It
- Universal Speaker Stands – What Is It?
- Ruthless Speaker Floor Stands Strategies Exploited
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Desktop Speaker Stands
- Reported Hype on Bookshelf Speaker Mounts Revealed
- The White Speaker Stands Cover Up
- Instant Solutions to Standing Speakers in Step by Step Detail
- What You Must Know About Loudspeaker Stands
- The 30-Second Trick for Home Theater Speaker Stands
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Rear Speaker Stands
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Floor Speaker Stands Exposed
- Top Short Speaker Stands Guide!
- What to Expect From Cheap Speaker Stands?
- What’s Actually Going on with Wooden Speaker Stands
- The Truth About Surround Speaker Stands
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Speaker Stands for Sale Exposed
- Things You Should Know About Center Channel Speaker Stand
- New Questions About Center Speaker Stand Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Finding the Best Speaker Mounts
- The Good, the Bad and Bose Speaker Stands
- Facts, Fiction and Small Speaker Stands
- Important Solutions for Speaker Brackets
- The Advantages of Speaker Wall Mounts
- The Tried and True Method for Satellite Speaker Stands in Step by Step Detail
- Life, Death and Floor Standing Speakers
- The Number One Article on Surround Sound Speaker Stands
- What Bookshelf Speaker Stands Is – and What it Is Not
- Practical Techniques for Speaker Stands You Can Begin to Use Today